Job Listing - Other
DORM ASSISTANT (MALE DORM)Department: Model Secondary School for the Deaf (MSSD)Job Number: OT-150512162033Date Posted: 5/12/2015Status: Accepting applications
The Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center's Model Secondary School for the Deaf is in need of Male Dorm Assistants. Dorm Assistants are on-call positions.
Dorm Assistants assist Residence Education personnel with monitoring and supervising high school students; ensures that school policies are followed; tracks attendance and fills out communication logs; covers campus activities; and assists students with homework assignments.
Minimum two years college/university coursework; knowledge and understanding of adolescent needs and characteristics and deafness; familiarity with residence hall program management and student discipline; willingness to work evenings, overnight, and on weekends; First aid/CPR certification required or willingness to obtain; Fluency in American Sign Language required.
$12.98 per hour.
Dorm Assistants must undergo and pay for a background investigation if selected for the job. Current fee for the investigation is $35.50 but may be subject to higher fees if from out of state.
To apply, send a completed Gallaudet University Application Form, an up-to-date resume, a current and signed recommendation letter by a former supervisor or employer, as well as the name, address, and phone number (and/or an email address) of two references electronically to Ms. Yvonne Catt, Administration & Operations Specialist, KDES 3110, and can be reached at Yvonne.Catt@gallaudet.edu.
Student Life LifeguardDepartment: Model Secondary School for the Deaf (MSSD)Job Number: OT-150123143139Date Posted: 1/23/2015Status: Accepting applications
• Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures (training provided).
• Leadership and decision-making skills.
1. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in
the event of emergency.
2. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
3. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
4. Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
5. Inspect the facility and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
6. Complete records and reports.
Current certification in the following:
• American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
• American Red Cross CPR/AED
To apply, send a completed Gallaudet University Application Form, an up-to-date resume, a current and signed recommendation letter by a former supervisor or employer, as well as the name, address, and phone number (and/or an email address) of two references electronically to email@example.com
Lifeguards hired must undergo and pay for a background investigation if selected for the job. Current fee for the investigation is $35.50 but may be subject to higher fees if from out of state.
This is a part-time position with no benefits and lifeguard working schedule is during the evenings only.
Application Deadline: None
Gallaudet University is an equal opportunity employer/educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, age, hearing status,
disability, covered veteran status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income,
place of business or residence, pregnancy, childbirth, or any other unlawful basis. Employees and recruiting sources are encouraged to refer qualified individuals from protected
classes for available positions. Individuals who may have inquiries regarding the University’s policy and procedures or who may wish to file a complaint should contact the
University’s EEO Office, Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Avenue, N.E., Washington, DC 20002-3695, 202-651-5462.